May 23, 2012

Ocean Floor For Everything

[photo by Jesse Lirola]
I've been lucky enough to follow Tom Krell aka How To Dress Well's music since some of his earliest EPs, and with every song he releases I am renewed in my awe of his ability to grab me by the heart and inject his feelings into me. It was announced yesterday that his sophomore record release will be out this fall on Acéphale and is titled Total Loss. While that title seemingly holds less hope for the future than his debut, Love Remains, the first track released from the record is possibly Krell's warmest output yet. The slight warping that gives his music its mind altering effects is still there, coupled with the most infectious piano loop I've ever heard. The soft playing of the keys makes me think of the waiting room in a hospital that manages to fix every patient's malady, with sun pouring into the windows and a smile on every face. Perhaps we're getting a peek at where Krell goes to escape his troubles.

MP3: How To Dress Well - Ocean Floor For Everything
Total Loss is slated for release this Fall via Acéphale. How To Dress Well will be hitting the road for a small tour in June, so pop on over here to see if he'll be in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment