May 30, 2012

Premiere: Nitemoves - Tertre Rouge

Last Fall I got to see Active Child and Com Truise play my favorite show in recent memory. I also got to hang out with the two groups for a short while after the show, which  is when I first got to know Com Truise & Tycho drummer Rory O'Connor. Since then I've kept up constant contact with Rory through weed photos on Instagram, random images on Facebook, and an agreement that Decoder's photographer, Audrey, could totally be the chick from The Ring (we love you Audrey!) Rory also has a solo project called Nitemoves, though, that I want to share with you now. Last week Moodgadget released Longlines, the debut full-length from Nitemoves. It is every bit the sci-fi odyssey I expected from Rory; but also so much more, with roaring drums loops and moody winding samples that seem to branch into various realms of dance and hip hop throughout the album. Still, despite the variety, everything works tremendously as a whole, making Longlines an early front runner on my favorite albums of 2012 list and proving Nitemoves to be a true "sound designer."

MP3: Nitemoves - Tertre Rouge
You can stream Longlines in full and snag it digitally via Moodgadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment