June 12, 2012

Expanded Dimension

Sci-fi is a genre I've been obsessed with since I was a child. The only fiction I ever read is sci-fi, and I'm excited for every current sci-fi remake being dreamt up at the moment (I'm looking at you, Dredd and Total Recall.) Exploration of space excites me. Hyper advanced technology excites me, and conceptualized races of people who've developed socially around those technologies excite me. And the music that plays in the background, somehow perfectly hitting pitches and frequencies that make your brain think whirring machinery and flashing buttons across massive panel displays, excites me. Moon Glyph has a history of providing sci-fi music that builds and expands upon new worlds, and their newest tape with Lunar Miasma is no exception. "Expanded Dimension" might be the most appropriately named song of 2012. The track takes us on a journey that feels as if the soundtrack to a video montage for a tour of the galaxy, clocking in at just over eight minutes without growing stale. I'd think it's safe to say that the new cassette, Observing The Universe, will expand the montage we see and give an honest, audible observation of the galaxy.

Stream:
Observing The Universe is available now via Moon Glyph.

No comments:

Post a Comment