September 28, 2012

Sky Bicycle

On Wednesday the folks at Pitchfork premiered Born Gold's first public peak at their upcoming record, Little Sleepwalker. I've been lucky enough to have a copy of Little Sleepwalker for a couple of months now, and I'm still wrapping my head around the stellar beauty of this album. When Cecil first gave me the record he told me it was a grower, but I fell instantly in love and dismissed the claim thinking he was simply being modest. Since then I've come to realize that while Little Sleepwalker is fantastic from the very first listen, it most certainly grows better with repeat absorption. "Sky Bicycle" is possibly the closest thing to Bodysongs on the LP, though Frena's new style of vocal delivery creates an atmosphere that might actually be akin to riding a sky bike. There's a new mood on this record, showing a side of Born Gold that is growing more mature without losing touch with a root sound. With less than a month until Little Sleepwalker's release, it's exciting to finally be sharing new Born Gold songs.

MP3: Born Gold - Sky Bicycle
Little Sleepwalker is available October 23, and can be pre-ordered now via Audraglint.

1 comment: