November 8, 2012

Video: Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe (Lady Gaga Version)

At the moment Kendrick Lamar's good kid, m.A.A.d city is my favorite record of the year. For the past three weeks I've wanted to listen to little else; having only just this week begun to settle into Austin and get back on my blogging + listening grind. Lamar's ability to weave a story across a myriad of heady production is outstanding. The second track on the album, "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe", is certainly a favorite of mine, and an obvious anthem for getting your mood right. The folks over at the Fader just turned me on to an alternate version of the track that features Lady Gaga singing the song's chorus, and while I do prefer the album version, it's an interesting take that gives the track a bit of a different feel, extracting some of the down tempo smoothness for a more sultry vision. Apparently Gaga was originally asked to do vocals for the track, but didn't have them ready before the album was finished up. Last night she tweeted the above video, which in no way matches the song's theme, but features her now finished (kinda?) version of the track; and to that I must say, "Bitch, don't kill my vibe."

No comments:

Post a Comment