November 27, 2012

Video: Unicorn Kid - Feel So Real

Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society...
Yesterday Unicorn Kid released this video for new track "Feel So Real", directed by . The song features vocal sampling from Love Decade's hit single "So Real", and also seems to infuse some bits of "Chrome Lion", from Unicorn Kid's Tidal Rave EP. I've had a weird time dealing with the fact that he uses pieces from another of his songs, but I've come to realize that the two tracks stand strong on their own. For myself, as a collage artist I have found duplicate issues of NatGeo and excitedly reused images that appeared in older works; as long as the whole of it is still powerful in a new way, so be it. Besides, I honestly can't listen to Unicorn Kid without bouncing around and grinning from ear-to-ear. The video also has a pretty wonderful narrative and some beautiful shots, so just quit reading this and open wide your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment